Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Travel Day

Wednesday, Feb. 13
This is a travel day. First to the Palembang airport at 10:30, to catch a flight at 12:45, headed to Kuala Lumpur. There I transit to a flight into Bandar Seri Begawan, Brunei. Yes, the names seem to get more and more difficult. My next flight, Feb. 21, is from Sandakan, Sabah, East Malaysia. During the interval, I will travel to Lebuan island and on to Kota Kinabalu. There I hope to take a trek into the jungle to see orangutan in the wild. As any wild animals, they may or may not appear. Just outside of Sandakan, there is an orangutan rehabilitation center in Sepilot. I hope to find someone to tag along with. Many of the hotels are dorm rooms, which I haven't yet experienced during this trip. How do I secure my backpack during the day? I am not the first one to have asked these questions. Off to the next adventure.

1 comment:

Among Worlds said...

Larry,
Just be careful (very careful) when traveling to Lebuan island and Kota Kinabalu. Those are places that pirates like to strike (think "rich" tourists) and take hostages (for ransom). Please be very careful - you might want to alert the US Embassy of your travel plans to those locations.
MU