Sunday, February 3, 2008

OOPS

Monday morning, back home most people are watching the Super Bowl. I have other supers to experience.
I am in the Garuda Plaza Hotel, downtown Medan, Sumatra. It's a fine enough hotel. But, I can't find the air conditioning control. It's a bit cool for me, so I scour the room. Nothing. The only thing I find is a vent, which won't close. Next best idea is to find more bedding. With only a sheet and thin blanket on the bed, I head to the closet. Nothing! But, there is a small something. I place this cloth on the blanket, it covers only a fraction of my body. Better than nothing, I figure. This morning the cloth is lying on the floor and I recognize it - A PRAYER RUG. OOPS. I should have known - this is a Muslim country, afterall.

3 comments:

Pokolodi said...

Larry-
I'm so excited for you! Keep writing--we are all living vicariously through you.
-Val
ps
And I agree with your friend Margie--post photos!

Field Crew said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Field Crew said...

Sounds like a fun time so far. We need photos! LET'S BE CAREFUL OUT THERE.