Saturday, February 16, 2008

More Pictures, Soon + The Beach Lodge

Sunday, Feb. 17, 08
I have solicited Csanad's help in uploading pictures to either this blog or my Picasa site. I have also been added to Facebook.
The hotel is called "The Beach Lodge". What a name for a fourth story private home. At the entrance is a sliding metal door with a lock. Down a short hall, where foot wear is shed, is a room which contains, sitting room, computer in the corner, reception desk, two couches and TV, two bathrooms which are equipped with hot water, and a laundry room. The hot shower has been the best part of this place. There are 6 rooms down a hall. Three are occupied by the family, the others are rented out. Csanad, Paul, and I sleep in a room with a bunk bed and a double bed. We play rock, scissors, paper, to see who gets the double bed - Paul. I'm on the bottom of the bunk bed. Yet, it is in the middle of town. KK is not very large, so everything is close. Every Sunday there is a market, one block away, and we find breakfast-papaya, peanuts, guava, dragon fruit, and tangarines. Then we separate. Csanad is still hunting for a size 11 shoe to climb Mt. Kinabalu. Good luck! Paul goes to the mall. I come in for a rest and to check the internet. Tomorrow, I will be up early for a 6 hour bus ride to where I join those who are taking a "safari" along the Katabatangan River. From there, I will be taken to Sepilok and on to Sandakan. If I can't find an internet site, that's where I will be for the next 3 days.

No comments: