Tuesday, February 5, 2008

2 go and 2 stay

Last night was late, 12:00, as no one wanted to break up the last evening together. Insects became bitey, as the Aussies say, so we all took care of that in our own way-some wrapped up, some sprayed repellant. I killed 2 in my room. That should keep down a bit of the buzz. Today, 7:00, Mark and Anna stepped onto the ferry and are off to Medan. I gave the two of them a card with my painting on the front, the card I sent out over Christmas of Roan Mt, TN. Shannon and I stay. It was sad to watch them round the peninsula. Anna and I may cross paths in a few weeks. Mark is headed to Java, Australia, and the US. Shannon slept in. She will return tomorrow to join up with Anna in Medan. I will remain.

1 comment:

Ntima Kwikama said...

Tut Tut must be beautiful. Many things remind me of the recent family trip to Burkina and Senegal--street meat on a skewer, precarious drivers, mosquitoes, mothers providing nourishment for children, interesting bathroom experiences...but tell us about the music--West Africa is famous for its balaphone and djembe drumming and circle dances. How about there? Is there access to the volcano's summit? Any fish in the lake, pirahnas? Thinking of you!