Monday, February 11, 2008

Palembang, again

Monday, Feb. 11.
Medan to Jakarta and on to Palembang. Big news when I landed in Jakarta, this is the third time through that airport, the Palembang football team was excitedly holding the trophy they won last night. Cameras were out, poses taken, and the team boarded the plane with me for the ride home. They won the Indo cup beating Medan 3-1. Being last night in Medan, I heard a different version of the game than I'm sure to hear on this end. My taxi ride took 3 times as long from the airport to the hotel since the streets were lined with all sorts of onlookers; motorbikes, school kids and more. Everyone wants to scream their love of the team. I have some shopping here in Palembang. A new camera is my first priority, along with getting my cell phone to work properly. Off for a shower.

No comments: