Sunday, February 24, 2008

Health

Monday, Feb. 25, 08
Before leaving on this walkabout, my health was a concern for me. Presently, I am in good health. There are some nagging issues, but not much concern. A cough and nasal congestion have come up within the past 2 days. Nothing much! My feet have been the most problem for me. I have blisters on the heels of both feet which are currently healing nicely. The two blisters I had from wearing my flip-flops are gone. Only a red skinned area to show where they were. Those were on the top of my toes, one on each foot. I presently have a blister, healing, on the bottom of my second toe, right foot. That has given me the most walking problem. Then, on the Kinabatangan River I picked up some fungus, athlete's foot, which is being treated and is steadily reducing in size. Otherwise, I haven't had any stomach ailments (plenty of wood to knock on around here).

1 comment:

Among Worlds said...

Larry,
Cover blisters on your feet with thinly sliced garlic - it speads up the healing (and makes your breath smell like you've eaten a whole garlic). Garlic on the blisters keeps infection away - which is good when you are doing a lot of hiking! I know this works as we used it often (on adults).
I look forward to reading more about this tremendous journey you are taking!!!!!!!!!!