Thursday, May 15, 2008

Milan

I have known of Milan for many years. A friend of mine who lives in San Diego, Ca, Robert, used to spend 2-3 months a year, for 20 years, in India. He and Milan met, here in Pondicherry in 1975. Robert and Milan began a friendship which took them throughout India. With the development of my trip, Robert contacted Milan who has graciously accepted to guide me through the intricacies of this land. We are looking forward to visiting some of the hill resorts of Tamil Nadu.
Milan is my age. Bengali, he has lived the majority of his life in Pondy and runs, for the Sri Aurobindo Ashram, the weaving and knitting shop. On the back of his motorbike, we whirl through the streets and I'm thankful not to keep looking for transportation. He has offered to let me use his bicycle. Yet, seeing the fearsome traffic I'm not sure I want that responsibility. Walking may serve me better. A nice gesture, all the same.

No comments: