Monday, May 19, 2008

4 more words

Monday, May 19, 08
I have been generally cautious with taking pictures. But, this morning, I ask the chai maker and the floor lady to allow me.They consent. The floor lady has asked for a copy. That will require some research. I do remember seeing a photo shop down Nehru St.
On the way to see Milan at 10:30, I find myself transfixed at a game of carrom. Carrom, oh, I remember that board game from my youth. It takes some research through my memory archives, however. I believe we played it at Kafumba. These four men are the happiest on earth.
At lunch, I find another series of words to remember while traveling. It happens as I am seated at a foursome table with a man next to me and a woman across from him. Lunch over, having sat there for an extra 15 minutes watching the drama, I say to the couple, "Time for a nap" - an innocent enough statement. Except, only receiving back a bewildered look and finally a response from the woman of a hand to the side of her tilted head, I realize my mistake. Nappies are diapers. Time to leave! Four more words for the traveling notebook, "Keep Your Mouth Shut!"

No comments: