Saturday, May 17, 2008

Comment and tips

Saturday, May 17, 08
- I have been pressing my luck in drinking chai from a street vendor who I watch washing the glasses, not very thoroughly. Again, drinking orange juice from another vendor. I expect at some point that tempting fate will bring the wrath of the gods down upon me. But, for the moment, I'm well, except for a sinus congestion. Even my feet are adapting to my flip flops and until I do experience an issue, I will continue my planned course of enjoying such small pleasures.
-When removing your shoes/flip flops, sandals, pay strict attention to where you lay them. More than once, I have found myself confused and bewildered by not remembering where they are. Today, an Indian woman, searching for her own, laughed with me as we looked together, heads down, locating them, but only after a walk through all the designated shoe deposit spots.
-The yes/no shake is a curious way of answering with the head. It's not a sideways or up and down shake. Put your head into a figure 8 and that's it. The wider the figure 8 the more the unknown, it would appear. Possibly, that's the point, if there is one. "It is what you wish!"
Phnom Penh pics: http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/musungi/PhnomPenh

No comments: