Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Down to Full Speed

Thursday, April 3, 08
All's well. After a 12 hour night sleep, plus 5 hours during yesterday, the "bug-that-bends-you over" has left.
I have availed myself of the excellent doctors and medical facilities, here at the SIL Ukarumpa compound, to get checked out. Getting a resupply of meds has been important. Dr. Jeff want to see me once more on Monday to talk about malaria. Thus far, I have decided not to start any malaria prophylaxis. He is nervous about that. Also, he wants me to have, in possession, 2 malaria cures. I will defer to him. My main reason for not starting the preventative is the side affects. But, I will defer to him
Instead of tomorrow, Bill and I may be taking the trip to Madang today. If there is a brief period of silence, on this blog, you will know that has been the case.

1 comment:

Among Worlds said...

Whew - glad to hear that the "wog" you caught is over with - and that you are feeling so much better!

I would side with the Doc on keeping at least 2 malaria cures with you - especially if you are not going to take the prophylactic.

Stay safe, keep well - and continue having the time of your life!