Thursday, March 13, 2008

Where has he been!

March 14, 2008 - 10:30 - Sentani
How does one begin to express the experiences of the past 2 weeks. This will be attempted in a series of blog entries which will have dates so they can be followed. For a comment on my health, I am on a blood pressure drug called Cardura. Four days into my Holuwon stay, I felt lightheaded. This is not common for me. On the label it says that Cardura can cause dizziness. I immediately split the dosage and took half morning and half evening. This didn't help. I dropped to half a dose. No change. I canceled out the drug all together. Still the dizziness. So, I returned to a half dose, with dizziness, and stuck it out. The lightheadedness was not serious. But, it was felt most often upon standing after sitting. Upon returning to Wamena, I sought out the help of Sue Trenier, a nurse who lives 1 1/2 miles from where I was staying at Hotel Nayal, near the airport. I walked the way to her house and talked to her about the problem. In her book it says that Cardura distribution is 98% protein-bound. There it was. For the past 2 weeks I have had no protein, only a few peanuts. Picking up my backpack, which I had stored at her place, I walked the distance back. Immediately, it being near 6:oo PM, I had a fish dinner. This morning I returned to my full dose and have not felt any of the conditions I had been experiencing. Now, to some Holuwon entries.

No comments: